Sunday, May 2, 2010

Golfing Australia


Three months ago after a round of golf at Kinloch in NZ I said to two friends that we should all go to Tasmania. It was only a suggestion, but that is all it took to convince these two mad golfers (three including myself). I can hardly believe that now I am writing about my latest golf trip to Australia, accompanied by two golf buddies Kyle Butler from Dallas/Fort Worth Texas and Joe Campo of Leland, Michigan.

We set out together from Auckland to see for ourselves what Australian golf was all about. We explored the striking harbor views of La Peruse from New South Wales in Sydney, then to then vast and sandy expanse that is the sandbelt of Melbourne, and on to the rugged and remote Barnbougle dunes in Bridport, Tasmania, and lastly, back to Sydney for another picture perfect day of golf. It was the golf trip to end all golf trips, squeezed in to ten days. We played 7 of the best golf courses in Australia, all globally recognized. I know I missed a few but I certainly got the picture of just how good the golf courses can be. This trip fulfilled a promise to myself and the best part is that I got to share it with so many people along the way.
Pictured from left to right: Kyle, Joe, Jeff, and Olympic gold medalist James Tomkins, after a round of golf at Barnbougle Dunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment