Saturday, January 9, 2010

Tokanui Golf Club, Fortrose, New Zealand






Following my spectacular links experience in Dunedin I was hungry for more! This next stop in New Zealand is arguably the most southern golfing links in the land. Tokanui Golf Club is a rumpled and rugged 9-hole sheep track, forty minutes outside of Invercargill. This 9-holer couldn't feel any more remote. Having hugged the coast in my car through the Catlin mountain range I pulled up to the golf course over a gravelled one car bridge, passing several scallop farmers, in full waders, up to their chests in the bay. Erol the lone green keeper advised me to take full relief from any tractor ruts in the fairways, I played the ball down however, I felt it to be in the spirit of the day. The golf was fun, but getting here was half the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment